Today I Learned
TIL is an open-source project by Hashrocket that exists to catalogue the sharing & accumulation of knowledge as it happens day-to-day. Posts have a 200-word limit, and posting is open to any Rocketeer as well as selected friends of Hashrocket. This was my apprentice project. We open sourced TIL in early 2016, and today I maintain the project with my fellow Rocketeers.
Phoenix/Elixir port of TIL (in progress).
My development blog. This was written at during breaks at Railsconf 2015 in Ruby on Rails, test-driven with RSpec and Cucumber. I wrote a blog post about why I created this application and chose this particular technology stack, available here.
A gem that produces Markov chain output from any text.
A collection of short articles about things I have learned. Mostly a mirror of Today I Learned.
Capybara Driver Benchmarking
This is the test app I built for a talk at Hashrocket's Summer Miniconf 2015. Its purpose is to benchmark the performance of the drivers available for use with Capybara.
The goals of this project are to demonstrate the N + 1 problem in a Ruby on Rails app, and explore common solutions.
A Markov Chain generated novel.
Implements the Caesar Cipher in Elixir.
Implements the Atbash Cipher in Elixir.
A proof-of-concept that returns Maine state facts scraped from Wikipedia.
This is a collection of free or affordable online resources I have found useful for learning and building projects.
My solutions to the code challenges of Exercism.
Command Line Cheat Sheet
A UNIX command line cheat sheet.
The place I share my smaller pieces of work.
Talks that I have given around the tech community.
My local dotfiles (in progress).
- Observing Change: A Gold Master Test in Practice (upcoming), RailsConf, April 2017
- SQL Workshop, Code Platoon (Bravo), February 2017
- Integration Testing with Wallaby, Chicago Elixir Meetup, February 2017
- Git Bisect Demo Lightning Talk, Vim Chicago Meetup, December 2016
- Git + Vim with Vim-Fugitive, Vim Chicago Meetup, October 2016
- Vim-Fugitive Lightning Talk, Vim Chicago Meetup, September 2016
- OSS from the Command Line Lightning Talk, Hashrocket Summer Miniconf 2016, August 2016
- Dive into Vim Language Plugins, Vim Chicago Meetup, April 2016
- Searching Vim Plugins, Vim Chicago Meetup, March 2016
- Test Driven Development/Pair Programming Workshop, Code Platoon (Alpha), February 2016
- Military to Programmer, Code Platoon (Alpha), February 2016
- Ceramic Nation Lightning Talk, Hashrocket Winter Miniconf 2015, December 2015
- Introduction to Vim, Vim Chicago Meetup, November 2015
- Capybara Driver Benchmarking, Hashrocket Summer Miniconf, June 2015